With accurate fitting to the precise dimensions of your materials, a shadow board provides you with a visual method for storing items. Our foam is manufactured in the USA and meets all federal specifications. Using our distinctive cross-linked and closed-cell polyethylene foam, we create products that are resistant to:
- Fire & Water
- Odors, Stains, & Tears
- Harsh chemicals and lubricants
Your shadow board will be created with dense foam that is tough and durable yet lightweight, generating protective packaging that can withstand any environment.
Our shadow board product is geared to increase performance, reliability, and safety in the workplace. With technology unique to Shark-Co, we accurately scan and cut the exact dimensions of each component into two-color foam, where the top layer is a different color to show with a quick glance which tool is not in its place.
A shadow board delineates where to place tools, easily establishing which tools are in use or may be missing. Using different colored foam backing, you can color-code objects with custom color combinations to create a way to quickly see and verify the location for every item.
Using a shadow board also eliminates waste and boosts efficiency by reducing time spent looking for tools while improving organization and productivity. A Shark-Co shadow board can help you create a safe workplace or workstation where tools are placed away into an intuitive storage device instead of being loosely scattered around as a safety hazard.
As a tool for organization and storage, a shadow board is applicable to many environments with almost limitless potential for possible use. Its system of organization complements the 5S and lean methodologies to increase efficiency and productivity by setting items in order and putting each tool in its place.
Along with using your shadow board for storage and organization, it can also be used for:
- Inventory control of parts for assembly
- Simplifying training by aligning with process sheets
- Keeping parts together during dis-assembly and rebuild
In different fields, a shadow board can easily be integrated into any workplace and used to add safety, efficiency, and organization.
- Organize cleaning tools, products, or supplies of any size or shape.
- Package products with organizational tool kitting in the manufacturing and production environment to improve your facility’s lean six sigma capabilities.
- Equip facilities or vehicles with storage solutions in the EMS/medical field within an organizational drawer, airway box, PEDS case, ALS case, BLS case, or more.
- Create safe, efficient storage materials for military applications to save lives and increase productivity.
- Keep firearms safe, preserved, and organized, including handguns, rifles, ARM, pistols, and ammunition/bullets containers and storage.
- Increase productivity in an automotive shop or racing garage by creating an organizer for equipment, tools, and parts in a tool box or cabinet drawer.
- Decrease foreign object damage (FOD) in the aerospace industry with a storage solution that keeps every tool or part accounted for.
Shark-Co works with you to customize a shadow board to fit your exact needs. See the Shark-Co difference when you use our products to transform your workplace.
Size: We can cut foam up to 72 inches in length by 48 inches in width, with up to 4 inch thick solid bun stock. Our foam can also be layered in order to provide storage for large items with varying depths.
Accuracy: Every part is carefully scanned and drawn to its exact shape in multiple perspectives to ensure proper fit every time. We also design in finger holes so your items are easy to remove.
Standard Color Combo: Our custom foam shadow boards feature our standard colors of red, blue, gray, and yellow for immediate production. More color options are available to match your brand and create a truly custom color combination, although some color and quantity limitations may apply.
Extra Options: We also provide laser-etched inventory control codes, laser-etched identification tags, and machine-routed customer logos.
Get In Touch
1231 Indianapolis Avenue
Lebanon, IN 46052
General Industry – 317-670-6397
Firearms/Law Enforcement – 317-670-6397
EMS/FIRE Industry – 317-750-5369
Seahorse, Gemstar, and SKB Cases – 317-750-5369
We’re proud to be one of the many Women-Owned businesses in the United States